Sandbox Percussion is expanding its team to include a Development Consultant. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or apply through New York Foundation for the Arts.
Posting Date: March 13, 2023 Development Consultant
Contract length – April 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023 Compensation – $18,000
The Development Consultant will craft a creative and sustainable fundraising program for Sandbox Percussion that serves all of our donors, at all giving levels. This 8-month contract position will be responsible for the planning, execution, and success of our Annual Gala in August 2023, as well as our end-of-year fundraising campaign in December 2023. The Development Consultant will work closely with the 4 artist-members of Sandbox Percussion to set and track contributed revenue goals, as well as support the members of our Board of Directors to help identify opportunities for philanthropic investment and programmatic engagement. Additionally, the Development Consultant will oversee the management and utilization of our Salesforce donor database.
The Development Consultant is a seasonal contract position. Active planning and development months are projected to be April through July 2023, with an Annual Gala event in August 2023, and an end-of-year-fundraising campaign in November/December 2023. The Development Consultant’s compensation will be paid in 8 monthly payments of $2,250.
Opportunity for a contract extension beyond December 2023 to be assessed based on performance.
- Plan, develop, attend, and staff an Annual Gala event in August 2023, and an end-of-year fundraising campaign that meets institutional fundraising goals
- From existing and new sources, secure $50,000 in commitments by end-of-year 2023
- Create case statements in preparation for the Annual Gala and end-of-year campaign
- Work closely with all departments at Sandbox Percussion to identify opportunities for donor engagement and donor base expansion
- Collaborate with Sandbox Percussion artist-members to strategically engage with our board members and partners, consistently aligning their work and engagement with institutional goals
- Collaborate in the annual budgeting process, ensuring that strategic work plans are accurately reflected and tracked in contributed revenue projections
- Strategically oversee the management of our Salesforce database, in collaboration with our database administrator. Create data-driven strategies to engage, re-engage, and grow all categories of donors – will be expected to work closely with the financial team to generate projections based on fundraising data.
- Create a brief annual report for the Board of Directors
- Adhere to Sandbox Percussion’s Policies & Procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in non-profit development, both in the individual giving and corporate spaces
- Ability to analyze and act on key data, demographics and market insight to develop creative and successful donor engagement programs
- Experience with donor database technology (knowledge of Salesforce platform is not required, but candidate must be willing to learn the technology)
- Experience using social media to create and amplify fundraising initiatives
- An enthusiastic relationship manager who seeks out engagement with donors at all levels
- An excellent writer, able to craft case statements, donor reports, proposals, and external documents
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a fundraising or related field within the nonprofit sector SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Salesforce support administrators LOCATION:
Much of this work can be accomplished remotely, with select in-person visits to NYC for fundraising events.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Sandbox Percussion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.